The 2016 Design Awards for completed projects (since November 2013) will considered in the following categories:
- SMALL STRUCTURES
Domestic, Project area < 250m2
- MEDIUM STRUCTURES
Project area between 250m2 and 1,000m2
- SHADECLOTH APPLICATIONS
External tensioned structures from shadecloth material.
- LARGE STRUCTURES
Project area exceeds 1,000m2
- GLAZING AND VERTICAL FACADES
Large span glazing walls or roofs, other forms of lightweight facades (cablenets etc) to control interior environments.
- DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION COLLABORATION
Completed Iconic projects whose success is attributed to close collaboration between multiple members of a team and where extensive use was made of emerging collaborative tools. Entries in this category are to be signed off by at least three different team members.
- SPECIAL APPLICATIONS AND INNOVATIONS
Includes applications of lightweight structures used in an interior environment, manufactured as a product, and can be either temporary, demountable, relocatable or permanent structures. (Interior structures, large awnings, shelter structures, are some examples). Applications using new technology and sustainability principles. Innovations in the teaching of collaborative design
- INTERNATIONAL PROJECTS
Any lightweight structure may be submitted that satisfies the Entry Conditions. International Projects may be judged in one of the 7 Categories above.
LSAA Members and non-members may enter (different fees apply). The Awards are also open to companies or individuals who may not have acted as the main designer, fabricator or installer. However only one entry per project will be considered.
General Information for LSAA Awards
The Lightweight Structures Association of Australasia (LSAA) generally holds its Industry Awards every two years. They are given in recognition of excellence in design, innovation, construction and application of Lightweight Structures for projects completed in the previous two years (or since the previous LSAA Awards).
Recent Awards were presented in 2007, 2009, 2011, 2013 and 2016.
Entries are invited from individuals, companies and institutions.
Basic guidelines are:
- LSAA members and non-members may enter.
- The Awards are also open to companies/ individuals who may not have acted as the “designer”.
- Fabricators or Installers may also enter but only one entry per project will be considered.
- Projects are to have been completed since the last LSAA Awards.
- The Project (or part project) is predominantly of Australasian origin (design and/or fabrication and /or installation).
- Persons/companies making entries are authorized to do so.
- Material submitted including photographs may be used by the LSAA for promotional and/or educational use with due acknowledgement.
Details of the various categories can be found HERE
Entries are to be done using the supplied Entry forms and each submission requires an Entry Fee.