LSAA Mission Statement:
"To lead, promote and develop excellence and innovation in lightweight structures by inspiring research and diseminating expert knowledge to expand the industry and opportunities for our members".
The Lightweight Structures Association is a Not for Profit, autonomous, inter-disciplinary group of interested parties involved in the field of lightweight structures. Operating primarily in Australia and New Zealand our basic aim is to promote the proper application of lightweight structures, their design, fabrication, construction and materials and to encourage the development of these and other aspects essential to lightweight structures.
The objectives of the Association are:
- To establish itself as a reference body on lightweight structures;
- To collect and disseminate information in the field of its members, encouraging the exchange of information between members and those interested, through publications and the organisation of meetings, seminars and conferences;
- To promote the proper application of lightweight structures;
- To contribute towards implementation of suitable guidelines for the design, analysis, fabrication, construction and application of lightweight structures;
- To encourage research and development in the field;
- To maintain links with international institutions and groups to update technology and information;
- To promote the services and products of the members; and
- To provide educational resources to professionals and students of architecture and engineering.
Our next event will be in 2016
Our Member Profiles are listed and here are a few examples of the work our members do:
Financial members are encouraged to submit items for our newsletter and website.